Friday, January 14, 2011

Abducted by Blog Hop 1.14


Welcome to my second blog hop hosted by CRAZY FOR BOOKS

This weeks question is:

"Why do you read the genre's that you do? What draws you to it?"


That is really hard for me to say because I don't feel like I read one genre more then the others.
Lately I have been getting into more YA because they tend to be easier faster reads and so they can be really enjoyable. They are like dessert. Sure it is fun to read books with hearty substance but sometimes you want a book to just pick you up thrill you and then be done.
It took me like a month and a half to read Count of Monte Cristo, I think it took me like 3 months to read Lonesome Dove, and as much as I loved these books I'm really loving the fact that I can pick up a YA novel, get into the characters and there stories, and yet still be done with them by the weeks end.

Currently I am reading, NEVER LET ME GO which I have about 50 pages left, and I just started NICK AND NORA'S INFINITE PLAYLIST so I'll have some awesome reviews coming up next week!

P.S. I love all my new followers. Everyday I check my blog and see my number went up I get really excited.
Please make sure you give me the chance to return the favor. So if you decide to follow make sure you let me know!

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hopping by....

I like the title and look of your blog...it reminds me of the passion I feel about books.

I do feel "abducted" at times. LOL

You answered a question I've had about why so many people are reading YA books lately.

It might be good to add a few, in between the "heavier" ones I choose.

Sometimes my "light" reads are adult chick lit.

Here's my post:

(click on my name)

Jen said...

I like how you say YA books are like dessert. :) I read just about everything, but I agree -- YA books can have wonderful stories, and a quick pace, so they make for fast, enjoyable reads.

Happy Hopping!

Jenny said...

Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I read your about me section on the right side and I'm with you on characters - books with great characters are always my favorites! If a book has okay plot but I'm in love with a character, it's still a great read for me:) I look forward to reading more of your reviews! I'm a new follower and I hope you have a great weekend:0

Jenny
www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

Robyn Ryle said...

Thanks for hopping by. I love Never Let Me Go, hope you're liking it.

Annette Mills said...

Thanks for commenting on my "edge of escape" review. I know what you mean about references that "date" books. I really have to think about that when I purchase books for my high school library, because I want them to be read over and over again -- and if there's references that kids will think are "old" in a couple of years, it might not be worth the investment.

About not being able to see the blog - I've had this trouble myself when I'm at work, and it's because of our internet filter. If I cancel the filter (which I have the "power" to do) then I can see everything. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your problem or not, but it's a thought. I haven't had any problems on computers at home, but I would appreciate it if you would keep me posted. Thanks!

Lark Andrea said...

Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Reading Lark's Hop Post

P.S. - I am a new follower.

A Journey in Reading said...

I read YA for that very reason. When I am tired, stressed out, or just want a quick read, I pick up a YA book and I'm good. I tend to read a variety of books and love all kinds of books.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Look at you hopping! Thought I'd hop by too! :)

Bittner said...

Thank you guys so much for all of your comments. I've tried to go back through and visit/follow all of your blogs in return but if I missed anybody don't be afraid to let me know!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I enjoy reading YA because they're fast fun reads.
I did love the Count of Monte Cristo though (I almost send Monte Cristco :-) )
My Hop

Tevya said...

Just hopping by. Thanks for visiting Reading Lark. I'm a new follower. :)
Tevya @ Reading Lark

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs