Friday, March 4, 2011

Abducted by a Blog Hop 3.4.2011

Today is Friday and it is time to start Hopping!!!



Today's question was:

"Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"

For me that is a really tough question. I don't read a lot of books with true "villains" in them.


My gut instinct answer was the main bad guy in the book Relentless by Dean Koontz. Shearman something? any way that guy was crazy! The scene when the couple is sleeping and he cuts the power and then waits in a chair in their room for them to wake up. Then when they do and they are all disorientated from the dark he uses a taser gun on them!!! So scary!!!

I think I liked him because he really was scary and creepy, yet in a fun roller coaster kind of way!

President Snow from the Hunger Games is a really good villain too, but I didn't enjoy him at all, so it is hard for me to make him my "favorite". I think having a favorite villain implies that one some level you love to hate them. I didn't really feel that way with President Snow but I did with Shearman.

Happy Hopping to all those participating and to everyone else; have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just hopping by on the blog hop. Here is mine http://justnookit.blogspot.com. I'm a new follower.

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

I'm hopping by!

I had a hard time with this one, too.

I don't think I've read that particular Koontz novel, but in general, he seems to write evil bad guys very effectively.

I understand what you mean about President Snow-- he was almost too real to be a good villain, you just know there are people like him trying to get into positions of power in our world (or maybe they are already there).

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I remember thinking his name was Sherman for the longest time while reading Relentless... Good times. :) I think I'm going to finally read What The Night Knows during April's readathon.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I think President Snow is a great villain.
My Hop

Mystica said...

Coming through on the blog hop. Please come over and check out my choice of villain.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs