Saturday, November 5, 2011

Abducted by Nano part 1

So today is Day 5 of NaNoWriMo and so far I'm not doing so well.

I only have 264 words! And those words are completely made up of the title of my novel, the lyrics to the song I titled my novel after, and then 25 pages that provide my 25 chapters with titles.

However, even though I'm only 264 words into my novel, I have already earned myself FOUR of my NaNo badges!




The first one is for NaNo socializing, #3 in the pic above. I went to the kick off party on the 30th, then I posted in a forum for us to meet at Panera Bread on Wednesday night and 8 people ended up coming!

The second badge is for procrastination, #2. I think the simple fact that it is day 5 and I have 264 words should explain why I gave myself that badge!

The third is for padding my novel, #8. I earned that one by including the lyrics to the song I used to title my novel.

And the last one is for having that Eureka moment, #6! Even though I haven't actually started the whole writing process, I have figured out some key moments to the story. Now if only I could get them down on the page!

I took a picture of the badges on my computer but my stupid phone wouldn't let me save the image, so I threw it across the room.

Now for those of you who are curious, I'm using the song Another Day by Paul McCartney as the inspiration for my novel.


I love that when you read the lyrics it is actually a really sad song, but the melody provides this overwhelming  feeling of resiliency and hope.

So, anyway, today is Steph's Epic Write-a-Thon! As of now, they are in the middle of hour 4. I have been on board for participating since the date was first set. However, I woke up this morning at 7 to let the dogs out and I had the worst headache! After I put all the dogs outside I went back to bed for another 2 and a half hours. But now I'm up again, and coffee is made. I still feel pretty...off, like I could come down with a cold in the next day or two. But I plan on getting to work now so I don't waist the entire day.

My goal for the day is 10K words. If I could somehow manage to squeeze out 15K I'll be thrilled! But 10K will be perfectly acceptable. Anything less will be dismal, only because I'm so far behind.

Okay, I'm getting to work now. I'll be back to update you on my progress later in the day.

3 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

You got this!

Anything is possible with Paul McCartney as your muse!

fakesteph said...

Yes!!! You're awesome!!! Where are you at now? I'm at 4,000... still. I had to run out to a pampered chef party that I forgot about. Actually, my friend had a bunch of people cancel, so I couldn't skip. But we had caramel apple tartletts so now I'm all sugared up to keep writing!!!!!

fakesteph said...

How is your writing going????

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs