Saturday, April 21, 2012

Abducted by Readathon hours 1-4

What's up fellow Readathoners!?!

In my first hour of readathon I walked my dog, made breakfast and listened to the third disc for the audio version of Fade by Lisa McMann!




For breakfast I tried to make pancakes...

But I ran out of Bisquick mix and so they were a little runny



However they were still delicious! So I had them with my Gevalia coffee in my Coldplay coffee mug...


After breakfast I finished listening to part of Fade while playing Mahjong on my computer to relax.

Then I put on actual Coldplay and got back to reading.

I read about 20 pages of The Jane Austen Book Club which isn't necessarily a hard read but it just wasn't as fast as I like my books to be on Readathon day! I've seen the movie version and so far the characters in the book just aren't as likable as the ones in the movie. 



Then I read all of The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Field Guide which is the first book in the series by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi.

The book was cute and really fast paced, it had pretty short pages and lots of pictures so it made for a very quick read!

Coldplay is still keeping me company, but now it is time for a bathroom break and a quick snack. I'm thinking Bagel Bites!

6 comments:

fakesteph said...

I loooooooove the Spiderwick Chronicles!!! So cute. :)

Ronnica said...

Doing great! Keep up the good reading!

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

Bagel Bites are a good choice for a snack. I almost picked up some at the store, but we already have so much food. You'll definitely have to come for a readathon party someday (even thought right now it's more of a talkathon lol).

Bummer about the Jame Austen Club. But Yay! for reading the Spiderwick Chronicles!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are having a great day! I have SmartOnes pizza bites (like Bagel Bites) in the freezer for later too.

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Wow, you are doing well! I didn't have a real breakfast. I spent 25 minutes trying to figure out how to make coffee (I know...I know...)

Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase said...

Great job so far, Courtney! I need to read The Spiderwick Chronicles someday... I love your pictures! I need to add some to my updates. They're kinda drab right now. ;)

Keep it up! You can do it!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs