Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sundays in bed with 9.15.13




SundaysInBedWithSmall

Sundays In Bed With…is hosted by Kate over at Midnightbookgirl.com. It gives us a chance to share what books we are reading on Sundays, or which books we wish we were reading!

I know this post is going up pretty late but I did literally spend my Sunday in bed with a book so I wanted to go ahead and post about it.


images
I spent my Sunday in bed with Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.

Okay friends, I have a confession to make.

I broke my New Years Resolution.

I made a resolution that I wouldn't buy any books this year. And for the most part I have been remarkably good about this.

Until Thursday.

I borrowed an ARC copy of Eleanor & Park from Andrea who borrowed it from Jessie (thanks again girls!!! seriously, THANK YOU!!!)

I had read a few pages but had to put it on pause for a few weeks while I got settled into school and then I was finally able to pick it back up on Tuesday. I read until 2 in the morning that night and then picked it back up as soon as I got home on Wednesday.

I finally finished it at 1:30 in the morning on Sept 12.
images (1)
I woke up the next day, went to class, tried to study, tried to watch Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I couldn't stop thinking about this book.

I related to Eleanor in such a personal/intimate way that it physically pained me to not own this book. So that night I went to Hastings, and panicked when they didn't have it. Then I went to Barnes and Noble and was able to start breathing again as soon as I was able to get my hands on my very own copy.

So I paid for it, full price I might add, went home and immediately started re-reading it. And I didn't even just start from my favorite parts either. I started from the very beginning and devoured it all over again!

I woke up this morning and stayed in bed all day finishing it!

I finally forced myself to get out of bed around 2 or 3 so that I could continue watching Angel and Buffy and semi-clean my apartment.

And for those of you keeping up on my Angel and Buffy progress I can report that I am on season 2 of Angel and season 5 of Buffy and I have 5 episodes left of each.

images (2)download

I hope everyone else had as great a Sunday as I did!

1 comments:

Megan said...

I have heard SO much about Eleanor & Park. Guess I need to read it soon.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs