Sunday, October 13, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-thon Hours 16-20 & Final Post


Total consumption today:

1 bowl of frosted mini wheats
2 cups of earl gray tea
2 cans of Dr Pepper
5 slices of Papa Johns garden fresh pizza
1 hour long nap
3 episodes of Angel 
1 melted fudge brownie cake!!!
1/2 of ice cold milk (to go with the cake)

TBR List:

Odd Is On Our Side - Koontz
House of Odd - Koontz
A Wrinkle In Time - L'Engle - was only able to read about 20 pages
Maybe a Miracle - Strause - I'm about 6 hours in which is just shy of half way!
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Smith
Misery - King
Heroes - ? 

Non Read-a-thon Activities: 

English assignment which consisted of reading 12 poems and responding to them! That counts as reading right? 
clean apartment
set up antenna
get hair cut
laundry



There is no way I'm going to make it past hour 20! I'm not even going to make it all the way to hour 20! As I am writing this it is about 2:30 a.m. which is half way through hour 19 and I can not keep my eyes open anymore. I was trying to make a small dent in A Wrinkle in Time but the dent I made turned out to be very Very VERY small...because it was only 20 pages! Just in those 20 pages my eyes started watering like you would not believe!!!

And since I have a full day with friends planned for tomorrow I must get some sleep now and I wont be able to get up in 4 hours to write the last post for the readathon questionnaire. 


So here is my final summary: 

On one hand I feel that this is my best Read-a-thon ever!!! I finished all three of the graphic novels I had on my TBR list for forever and I finished the last half of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight which was really good!

I also started Maybe a Miracle and I got almost half way through that one which is exciting! 

And like I said, I was able to read 20 pages of A Wrinkle in Time but I didn't even touch Misery.

I did get all of my non-read-a-thon activities done and ate some really good food. 

On the other hand I felt like this read-a-thon kind of sucked because I didn't give enough time to reading other blogs or participating in activities. There comes a point in ever read-a-thon where you have to make a choice between how much reading you get done and how many activities you get done. This year I was very much "quantity" focused, just trying to get as much read as I could. Who knows what my focus will be in the spring.

I hope everyone else had a great readathon!!! And enjoy the rest of your weekend in recovery!!!

1 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

You really had an amazing readathon! I made the choice to be more social because I agree, it's really one or the other. I read some, cheered a lot, and tweeted even more. I had a blast, but I just can't read for 24 hours straight. I'm too old!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Winds of Change kit by NatashaNaSt Designs